Monday, June 7, 2010

New City, New Adventure

Rob and I have officially moved in to Jackson. Or more technically, Ridgeland. And I technically haven't moved in yet, but I've been here just about as much as he has. So far everything is going very well. However, it will definitely be a new adventure.

While I really like the area we are living and of course I love Rob, being here not knowing much of anyone is going to be a bit of a challenge. It hit me the day we moved in how alone I really felt. Rob was at the apartment unpacking a few boxes so I went down the road (like .4 miles away...AWESOME!) to Newks to get some lunch for us. I was sitting at a table waiting for my to-go order to be ready and I realized, I don't know anyone in this room and I won't know anyone that will walk through the door.

No matter how lonely I may feel at times, I know that I am very blessed to have Rob to walk with through this journey. I have also been blessed that one of the friends I met last summer in Romania has just started Grad school here.

I know there are going to be difficulties and I know there will still be times when I feel very alone. But the truth of the matter is that I don't have to do it alone. Not only will I have Rob and Kaylea to walk through this journey, I will always have my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment